What is Roku Login?
Roku is a company that has developed streaming platforms for the television, that serves its customers with world-class user experience. Roku devices streams shows, music, and movies on your TV using the internet connection. It’s streaming players are the most convenient and cost-effective way of watching the television.
Roku devices are simple and easy to use devices which comes with remote and various powerful features. For using a Roku device all you need is an active internet connection and a Roku account for activating the device and accessing the entertainment. Hence, to initiate the usage of your Roku device, first you have to go through the Roku Login process.
What is Roku Account?
Roku account is a platform which stores Roku devices and channels you have installed, along with the preferences and settings. Roku account helps you to manage your Roku channels, settings etc. Also, it will help you in remaining updated by receiving important account notifications.
After the creation of your Roku account, you have to link it with your Roku device. This will help you in using streaming devices for enhancing your experience.
Roku Account Creation
Roku account creation is a primary step which helps in adding channels and to stream media content on your Roku player. This account creation process is required to be done before setting up the device or while activating your Roku device.
Irrespective of the time of account creation, it is an important step that needs to be done. After creation and Roku login, you can manage your account and can receive important notifications that will keep you updated about Roku players.
For account creation, you have to follow the given procedure carefully.
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Move to the official website of Roku.
- Now, from the homepage, click “Sign In” button. You will get this option on the upper-right corner of your screen.
- In the sign-in window, click “Create Account” tab. This option will be located on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Now, you are required to enter the required details for the creation of your account. Following is the information you have to enter:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email: Provide the email id which you want to use for managing your Roku account.
- Password: Create a strong and secure password for protecting your account from unauthorised access. Make sure your password has the following specifications:
- Have at least 8 characters
- Password must include at least one number, symbol, lowercase and uppercase.
- Create easy to remember password.
- Password must be unique from the one you are using for other websites.
- After entering all the details, you have to confirm your age by clicking “I am 18 years or older” checkbox.
Further, agree to them by clicking the checkbox.
- Now, if you want Roku to email the product tips, latest releases, hot new channels, and customer-exclusive discounts; then click the given checkbox.
- Next, you have to tick mark the checkbox beside “I’m not a Robot” option.
- Finally, click “Continue”.
- In the next window, Roku asks you to create a PIN (Personal Identification Number). This will help you in authorizing the addition and purchase of the channels by your Roku device.
This is an optional step. You can opt for any of the options available from:
- Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store.
- Always require a PIN to make purchases.
- A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store.
Selecting the above two options will show the fields for creating the PIN. If desired, then enter and re-enter the PIN.
- Finally, click “Continue”.
- After that, you have to provide the payment details for channel store purchases.
Entering these details will make it easy for making the purchase. Although, Roku will never charge the amount without your consent.
- For payment details, choose the desired payment method from Credit Card, Paypal, or Debit Card. Further, enter the payment information.
- Then, enter billing address information in their respective fields.
- Now, click the Recaptcha checkbox.
- Lastly, click “Save”.
- By doing so, you will receive a mail on registered email id for verifying your account.
- Hence, move to your email address and open the mail you have received.
- Click the link provided in the mail.
- This will successfully verify your Roku Login account and complete the process of account creation.
Roku Login Procedure
- Firstly, open a preferred web browser.
- Then, head to the official website of Roku.
- Locate and click the “Sign In” option located on the top right corner of the homepage of the Roku website.
- In the sign-in window, enter your email address in the required field. You have to provide the email id which is associated with your Roku account.
- In the next field, type the password you have created while signing up.
- Next, If you want your device to save your login credentials, then click the “Remember Me” checkbox.
- After that, tick mark the Recaptcha checkbox stating “I’m not a robot”.
- Lastly, click “Sign In” option.
Roku Login Errors
Roku login is a simple, easy and straight-forward process. However, many a time, due to several issues, your system may show the login error. It may be because of:
- Entering wrong login credentials
- Network issues
- Forgetting your password
- Unable to find the associated email address.
These are some common issues behind the occurrence of Login error.
Troubleshooting Steps for Roku Login Errors
As stated above, on entering the wrong login credentials you may get to see the login error. This is the most common reason behind the login error message. Hence, before you move further will the troubleshooting steps, you first have to check the credentials you have entered. Make sure that email address and password are case-sensitive. So, on adding even extra space, you will get the error.
If you entered the correct login details and still facing the Roku login error, then you have to follow the below-mentioned steps for resolving the issue.
Forgetting the Roku Login Password
- Open a web browser.
- Visit the official website of Roku.
- From the upper-right corner of the homepage, click “Sign In” option.
- In the sign-in window, click the “Forgot Password?” option.
- Now, enter the email address associated with your Roku account.
- Then, tick mark the Recaptcha checkbox.
- Click “Submit”.
- By doing so, you will receive a password recovery mail on the email address you have provided.
- Now, open the mail you have received. Mail will contain a link for resetting the password.
- Click the link. Be sure that the link will be valid only for one hour.
- In the create password page, enter the password you would like to use for your Roku account.
- Then, re-enter your password in the next field for confirmation.
- Finally, click “Submit”.
Forgetting Your Email Address
- On your Roku remote, press “Home” button.
- Now, scroll up and down the list and select “Settings”.
- Then, from the list, select the “System” option.
- Select the “About” option.
Resolving your Internet Connectivity Issue
- Firstly, turn off your internet router.
- Now, wait for a few minutes.
- After that, power on your router.
- Then, enable the internet connection on your system by entering the correct credentials.
- Finally, try again for Roku login.